November 10, 2021
Dear Recreation members,
As outlined in last week’s email from UCLA’s COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force, a new L.A. City Ordinance went into effect on November 4 that established new protocols for accessing certain types of public venues, which includes gyms and fitness centers. Please read below to understand how the new ordinance impacts access to UCLA Recreation facilities.
As required by the ordinance, “anyone 18 and older on campus will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative test and have an approved medical or religious exception. This includes students, faculty, staff, campus visitors and event attendees.”
UCLA Recreation has implemented the following protocols in compliance with City and University guidelines.
UCLA Students, Faculty, Staff
- The UCLA mobile app is now required for facility access; you must present your daily “UCLA Campus COVID Clearance.” IMPORTANT: The email version of the symptom survey clearance certificate is no longer sufficient for facility access.
- Please present the UCLA Campus COVID Clearance Certificate upon arrival to all UCLA Recreation facilities.
- If you do not have a smartphone or access to the UCLA mobile app, you may access facilities by presenting 1.) the “COVID-19 Symptom Monitoring Survey” AND your proof of vaccination, OR 2.) a negative COVID-19 test administered within 72 hours prior to entry.
Recreation Members: Emeriti, Retirees, Household Adults, and Non-UCLA Affiliates
- The “COVID-19 Symptom Monitoring Survey” is required to access all facilities
- The UCLA Mobile App verification is not available for non-UCLA affiliates
- PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for winter quarter membership and facility access, we will require all UCLA emeriti and retiree members to verify their completed vaccination card once prior to their first visit. Once proof of vaccination is provided, that member will be able to scan into facilities on an ongoing basis without showing a vaccination card for every entry.
- UCLA emeriti and retiree members: We will contact you regarding vaccination verification drop-in appointments in December.
- There is no change for household adult members who have already verified their vaccination card with our Recreation staff. If you have not verified your vaccination card with us, you are required to present a negative COVID-19 test administered within 72 hours prior to entry and photo identification.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we implement these new City and University protocols. Winter quarter membership and holiday facility hours will be available on our website soon. We look forward to seeing you in our facilities.
If you have any questions about the new policy or procedures, please contact email@example.com.