jane b semel HCI Community Garden
In partnership with the Semel Healthy Campus Initiative Center at UCLA, envisioned and supported by Jane and Terry Semel, the jane b semel Healthy Campus Initiative Community Garden provides an on-campus space for the UCLA community to grow healthy food and foster education of urban gardening practices.
As a transdisciplinary hands-on learning space at UCLA, the jane b semel Healthy Campus Initiative Community Garden builds community, and promotes personal and planetary health with a goal of supporting equity and food justice.
Plot applications for the 2021-2022 academic year have closed. Applications for Summer 2022 will open in June 2022. Please connect with us on one of our communications platforms below to be notified of future plot application information or other programming opportunities.
To learn more about the Semel Healthy Campus Initiative Center, visit https://healthy.ucla.edu/
Mailing List: Subscribe Here!
- Must have an appropriate Bookings reservation to enter the facility.
- Must present a current certificate of clearance from the UCLA Symptom Monitoring Survey for facility access. The survey link can be found here: https://uclasurveys.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3qRLtouCYKzBbH7
- Anyone displaying symptoms of illness may be asked to leave the facility.
- Masks are required in all spaces at all times.
- When a mask is not fully covering your nose and mouth (i.e., when you are eating or drinking,) you must be at least 6 feet away from others and stationary.
Registration for the community garden is reserved only for approved applicants who have applied and been approved trough the HCI application process and been notified of their plot assignment.
To access the garden, each will need to have a valid membership and present their certificate of clearance from the UCLA Symptom Survey.