The UCLA Marina Aquatic Center has a wide variety of programming available for youth participants and groups including day camps, youth lessons, group rentals, and facilitated group adventures. Our picturesque waterfront facility also serves as great event space!
Explore our youth and group offerings in the drop-downs below available to UCLA students, staff, faculty, and the general public.
For questions or inquiries about custom programming, please contact Programs Manager, Kylie Lausten, at email@example.com.
Youth Programs: Day Camps and Youth Lessons
The Marina Aquatic Center works in conjunction with UCLA Youth Programs to offer Spring and Summer Day camp at our Marina del Rey boathouse.
Spring Camp is offered for campers in grades Kindergarten – 10th grade and is traditionally offered in March or April in alignment with popular school spring break dates in the area.
Our traditional summer offerings include the following:
- Sailing Camp (entering grades 6-10): A learn to sail camp emphasizing hands-on skills in seamanship, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Taught in RS Quest dingy sailboats; no previous sailing experience necessary.
- Watersport Sampler Camp (entering grades 6-10): Campers learn the fundamentals of sailing, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding in Marina del Rey and put their skills to the test with games and challenges.
- Bruins on Water (entering grades 3-5): Campers will be introduced to the wonders of the Pacific Ocean through on-water aquatic activities, interactive science experiments, and art activites. Campers are introduced to learn the fundamentals of sailing, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding.
To explore current camp offerings, please visit the Youth Programs webpage.
Youth Boating Lessons:
We hope to add youth boating group and private lessons to our catalog soon! Check back this Spring or email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiry.
Group Kayak Rental Reservations
Reservations are required for kayak groups of 10 or more individuals and should be made at least one week in advance. If you have less than 10 people in your group, you are not eligible to make a group reservation and should just book in the MAC rental portal. Currently enrolled UCLA Students are eligible for free sit-on-top kayak rentals for a group up to 20 participants. There is a $100 flat rate fee for student groups over 20 (up to 40 maximum participants) and a $5 guest fee applies for non-students sharing a double kayak.
Please complete this form to request a group kayaking reservation: https://forms.gle/9Yo34Ykyk5TQMYi38
Note: Please look carefully at the times available in the form. We have limited options within our reservation system.
Facilitated Group Programming: Teambuilding Adventures, Events, Custom Programming
The UCLA Marina Aquatic Center is available for private programming and events including staff retreats, teambuilding adventures, youth field trips, and more. Programs will be customized to meet your group’s size, makeup, and desired outcomes.
Popular programs include:
- Intro to Paddlesport (2 hours): Kayak, SUP, or both!
- Sail and Kayak (3 hours)
- Group Sailing (3 hours)
- Watersport Sampler (4-6 hours): Kayak, SUP, and Sail
- Kayak Teambuilding Challenge (2-3 hours)
Program add-on options include classroom space, outdoor picnic tables, propane BBQ grill, and fire pit.
Interested in what we can offer you or your group? Email Kylie Lausten (email@example.com) with details about your group to discuss options, date availability, and pricing. Inquiries should be submitted at least 30 days in advance with preference for 60 days notice.