As of March 25, 2021 the MAC is open for student kayaking only. Currently enrolled UCLA students with an active Return to Rec Membership are eligible to make a reservation for free sit-on-top single kayaks. All other patrons and rentals of other equipment will resume in a later reopening phase.
Watch our sit-on-top kayaking orientation video (required before your first rental).
Available Equipment and Current Schedule
Sit-on-Top Single Kayaks – UCLA STUDENTS ONLY
Rental Schedule (by Reservation Only)
Thursdays 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Fridays 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Saturdays 12:00pm – 4:30pm
Sundays 12:00 – 4:30pm
Reservation System and Pricing
Student sit-on-top single kayaks are available by reservation only. Reservations can be made at supersaas.com.
To make a reservation:
- Visit https://www.supersaas.com/schedule/uclamac/Rentals to view the rental schedule and availability.
- When you have selected a reservation slot, click the block on the calendar. You will be prompted to ‘Sign In’.
- If you have not previously made an account, you will click ‘Sign In’ and then ‘Create a new user account’. Enter your contact information and you will have access to the rental reservation calendar.
- Click ‘New Reservation’. Confirm your name, phone number, affiliation, and equipment type, and then click ‘Create Reservation.'
NOTE: For the time being, only UCLA students are eligible and the only equipment available are sit-on-top single kayaks.
- You will be directed to complete a digital rental slip.
- Enter your UCLA ID Number and the Order Number from the purchase of your Return to Rec Membership.
- Read and agree to reservation policies.
- Read and agree to rental guidelines.
- Agree to the optional photo/video consent.
- Submit the reservation request. Your reservation is now pending. All pending reservations will be approved or denied within 2 business days pending equipment availability. You will be contacted by MAC staff if there are any questions regarding the reservation or will receive a confirmation email when the reservation request is approved.
Currently enrolled UCLA students with an active Return to Rec Membership are eligible for FREE kayaking. No payment required.
- All participants in Marina Aquatic Center programming must acknowledge that they are water safe with a minimum ability to swim 100 yards and to tread water for 5 minutes.
- Renters must check in no sooner than 5 minutes before the start of their reservation. If a renter arrives to the facility early, they must wait in their vehicle until it is time to check in. If a renter does not check in within 10 minutes of their reservation time, their reservation will be forfeited.
- Renters are responsible for maintaining the time of their own reservations. All renters must return to the dock promptly at the end of their reservation window.
- Once back on the dock, the renter will have 15 minutes to work with the dockmaster to clean, sanitize, and put away the equipment. The renter must leave the facility at the end of this 15 minute cleaning period. No loitering permitted.
- Reservations that cannot be attended must be canceled no later than 60 minutes prior to the start time. Failure to cancel your reservation may result in a membership suspension.
- In the event that UCLA Recreation cancels a reservation for any reason, the renter will not be issued a make-up reservation, membership extension or any compensation.
- All kayak renters are required to wear Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) while on the dock and water, at all times.
- A photo ID or Bruin Card at check in. Renters will collect personal IDs and belongings at check out when equipment is returned at the end of their reservation.
- Report all collisions, injuries, and equipment damage immediately to the MAC Staff. Collisions include:
- When two vessels collide for any reason, whether they sustain damage or not.
- A MAC vessel hits or becomes stuck in rocks, mud, or any other stationary object
- When the equipment is handled in accordance with the general guidelines stated here, as well as good common sense, it will not be damaged. However, if the rules of the road are violated, the equipment is handled improperly or irresponsibly, or attention is not paid to obstacles in the water, damage is possible. It is agreed that the renter will be responsible for any equipment damage while any Marina Aquatic Center equipment is in their use.
- The MAC reserves the right restrict activities based on weather, experience level, or other factors.
- Renters must additionally agree to abide by all posted facility policies and to follow staff instructions.