Return to Rec Membership
UCLA Recreation welcomes Bruins for Fall 2021!
All UCLA students (undergraduate, graduate, Anderson, and Dental) who pay student service fees toward Recreation, will gain access to Recreation membership automatically beginning September 10, 2021. No membership registration is required.
IMPORTANT REGARDING FACILITY ACCESS:
RETURN TO REC MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED for registered UCLA faculty, staff, emeriti/retirees, students from self-supporting degree programs, Extension students, graduate residents. Please check "Eligibility and Registration Instructions" and "Pricing" below for complete details.
Information About Membership
Membership Duration for fall quarter: Expires January 3, 2022
1. Go to: https://secure.recreation.ucla.edu
2. Click “Log In” in the upper right corner to sign in
3. Click on “Memberships”
4. Choose “Return to Rec 2021 - Fall"
See “Household Adult Memberships” below for Household Adult enrollment process.
Eligibility & Pricing
We are continuing eligibility for registered UCLA undergraduate and graduate* students, extension students, graduate residents, UCLA faculty, staff, and emeriti/retirees.
All UCLA students (undergraduate, graduate, Anderson, and Dental) who pay student service fees toward Recreation, will gain access to Recreation membership automatically. No membership registration is required.
UCLA Extension students and self-supporting degree programs do not pay student service fees, therefore, you need to pay the fee directly to the Recreation Center.
Important:If you are an eligible affiliate described above and see “Active Membership Required” or are unable to register, please email email@example.com with your UCLA ID number and a screenshot of your enrolled program or UCPATH employee record to activate your Recreation account so you can be eligible to purchase a membership. If you do not yet have an account, please first create one here: https://secure.recreation.ucla.edu/Account/Register
Return to Rec Membership Duration:
- 30 Day: 30 days starting date of purchase; renewable upon expiration
- Fall Quarter: Expires January 3, 2022
- Registered UCLA undergraduate and graduate students: No fee; no registration required
- Students in Self-supporting Degree students programs, extension students and their household adults: $60/quarter or $20/30 Days
- UCLA Faculty/Staff & Emeriti/Retiree and their household adults: $90/quarter or $30/30 Days
Online registration and payment only, not available for any in-person transactions. This Return to Rec membership is not available for payroll deduction. To review the membership refund policy, see Refund Policy and Forms section here: https://recreation.ucla.edu/member-services
Household Adult Memberships
Starting early October, household adults can purchase Return to Rec membership and get access to the same facility Bookings as the primary Recreation member. The affiliated member must have an active student membership or Return to Rec membership for their household adult to be eligible. Proof of matching mailing address is required.
Instructions for Household Adult memberships
STEP 1: Household Adult must have a Recreation Profile: https://secure.recreation.ucla.edu/
- Returning members: “Sign In” in upper right corner
- Brand new members create an account here: https://secure.recreation.ucla.edu/Account/Register
- You will receive an activation email and must activate your profile to create your account
STEP 2: Primary Return to Rec member submits Household Adult Enrollment Request form:
STEP 3: Sales staff reviews request and upon approval emails Primary and Household Adult within three business days with instructions to register
STEP 4: Household Adult signs into their account and registers for the summer Return to Rec membership online
- Go to: https://secure.recreation.ucla.edu/
- Click “Log In” in the upper right corner to sign in
- Click on “Memberships”
- Choose “Return to Rec 2021 - Fall”
STEP 5: Household Adult must show proof of completed vaccination to a Recreation Sales staff
To activate facility access, drop into an October verification appointment time:
- Tuesdays: 11:30AM-12:30PM
- Wednesdays: 3:30PM-4:30PM
IN PERSON: John Wooden Center ticket office
- Thursdays: 9:00AM-10:30AM
All individuals must also complete the required UCLA Covid-19 Symptom Monitoring Survey prior to coming to campus. Masks are required at all times, regardless of vaccination status, while indoors.
Daily Symptom Monitoring Survey: https://uclasurveys.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9KVQAhgWQdtlf4F
Facility & Conduct Agreement
- Facilities will have reduced capacities and limited hours.
- Facilities may also have intermittent and immediate closures due to health and cleaning requirements.
- Reservations may be canceled and facilities closed in inclement weather, unsafe conditions, and for scheduled classes.
- Personal water bottle recommended. Beverages must be in a spill-proof, unbreakable, re-sealable container. No spitting. (Mask must be promptly put back onto face after drinking).
- Maintain personal hygiene as to not be disruptive to the environment.
- Standing on or leaning over rails, fences, and other equipment is prohibited.
- No photography or video recording unless approved by UCLA Rec management.
- Be respectful of all equipment, patrons, and staff.
- Follow all staff directions, participant expectations, and posted facility signage.
- Complete the UCLA Symptom Monitoring Survey prior to your arrival to campus. The survey link can be found here and in your Booking confirmation email: UCLA Symptom Monitoring Survey
- Present current Rec Card, Bruincard, valid photo ID, or FusionGo barcode for entry.
- INDOOR POLICY: Wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose at all times and allows you to remain hands-free. No expiration valves are allowed. Face shields must be accompanied by a face mask.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from others or more as determined by facility or program.
- Secured storage is not available. Users are responsible for personal belongings. Do not bring valuables. UCLA Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Spaces must be used as intended. No loitering.
- Any participant displaying symptoms of illness may be asked to leave the facility.
- No in-and-out privileges. No re-entry upon exit.
- You may not enter the zone before your Bookings start time and you must exit the facility by your Bookings end time.
- Failure to comply with policies and guidelines, facility signage, and staff instruction may result in removal from a facility, a membership suspension, or membership revocation.
UCLA Recreation believes it is essential that all people exercise their right to express their human and cultural identities. Consistent with this belief, our programs promote healthy lifestyles and the preservation of human dignity by fostering the spirit of fair play without bigotry, hatred, prejudice, or disrespect. We encourage you to join us in acknowledging and embracing these values. Review the UCLA Recreation Participant Expectations prior to accessing our facilities.
- Go to: https://secure.recreation.ucla.edu
- Click “Log In” in the upper right corner to sign in
- Click “Bookings”
- Choose desired facility and available timeslot
Bookings open 72 hours in advance of each timeslot. Bookings are not guaranteed.
- Must be an eligible UCLA affiliate with an active student membership or Return to Rec membership to make a Bookings. No guest or day passes are allowed.
- Bookings are required to enter certain Recreation spaces unless enrolled in a Recreation in-person program or class.
- Participants will be able to make a Booking starting 72 hours in advance, up until one hour prior to the Booking start time. By obtaining this membership a Booking is not guaranteed at any time.
- Bookings that cannot be attended must be canceled no later than 60 minutes prior to the start time. Failure to cancel your Booking may result in a membership suspension and a loss of booking privileges.
- In the event that UCLA Recreation cancels your Booking for any reason, you will not be issued a make-up Booking, membership extension, or any compensation.
Learn more about facility-specific policies, available equipment, hours, and more. Click an available open facility below.
Additional Member Services
Locker Rental Requests are available beginning Monday, October 4 at Noon (PST). Lockers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are not guaranteed. An active Recreation membership is required to purchase a Fall locker rental.
Locker Rental Request Process:
- Submit Locker Rental Request Form when it is live beginning October 4 at noon.
- The Sales Team will review requests in the order they were submitted within 3-5 business days. If approved, the Sales Team will assign you a locker and you will receive an email with instructions to purchase your locker ($15/quarter).
- Log into your Recreation account and submit online payment within 5 business days of locker assignment or you are subject to lose your locker rental. Due to a high volume of requests, we cannot guarantee your locker after the payment deadline.
The maximum locker duration is one quarter. You will see an expiration date of December 10, 2021. Renewals will be available for Winter Quarter 2022. Payroll deduction is not available.
Note: You will see the locker number and combination once you are in the shopping cart. This information is not printed on the receipt, and cannot be emailed to you. If you ever need to retrieve this information in person, please stop by the facility front desk with your identification and the front desk staff will assist you.
North Pool locker rooms have not yet reopened and therefore are not available for rental at this time.
Cancellation & Refund Policies and Forms
For all Recreation cancellation and refund requests, please submit our Recreation Cancellation Form
Minimum refund request is $5.
Membership & Locker Refund Policies
Monthly Return to Rec membership is non-refundable; no exceptions.
Quarterly Return to Rec membership are eligible for a prorated refund for one of the following reasons, require documentation, and are subject to a cancellation fee of $25:
- Termination of employment
- Transfer off-campus
- Formal leave of absence and sabbaticals
- Changes in medical condition resulting in physical limitations
Facility capacities are limited in certain facilities and areas. Availability and Bookings for are not guaranteed and do not qualify for membership refunds. Closures may occur as needed, and membership extensions are not offered.
Member must submit the Cancellation Request form for review: https://uclacampuslife.formstack.com/workflows/cancellation
Recreation Program & Class Refund Policies
Classes and Activities Refund Policy
Refund requests received by Noon (PST) 2 business days prior to the first class or meeting receive a 90% refund and requests received prior to the 2nd class meeting may be refunded 50%.
Marina Aquatic Center Refund Policy
Refund requests received at least three business days prior to the first class meeting are eligible for a 90% refund or 100% transfer towards another in the same quarter. There are no refunds or transfers after the 1st class meeting.
Fitness Class Transfer Policy
Transfer requests for FITWELL/Instructional Program classes receive a 100% credit towards another class if used in the same quarter, space permitting.
Personal Fitness Training and Private Instruction
If you choose to pay for sessions in advance, a refund may be issued for unused sessions less a $25 processing fee if the request is received by UCLA Recreation within 6 months of the purchase. Sessions expire 6 months after the date of purchase.
All refund requests must be submitted in writing and received by UCLA Recreation by the dates listed below.
- Refund Amount 90%, Request Must be Received Before March 31st
- Refund Amount 75%, Request Must be Received Before April 1st - 30th
- Refund Amount 50%, Request Must be Received After May 1: No later than 15 business days before the purchased session begins
- Refund Amount 25%, Request Must be Received Before Within 15 business days of the purchased session
- No refund after the first Monday of session or week. If UCLA Recreation cancels a program, a full refund will be issued. All camp transfers are subject to a $25 transfer fee per session/week.
Activity and Fitness Passes
There are no refunds for quarterly activity passes.
There are no refunds for BHIP Continuation paid up front per quarter or other short-term duration.
COVID Acknowledgement of Risks
Prior to entering any UCLA Recreation venues or participating in any Recreation program (including club and intramural sports), we ask that you fully understand the potential risks associated with contraction of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes the COVID-19 disease. Contraction of the virus could cause serious illness or death. For more information, please visit the following resources:
- Bruin Safe Online
- Covid-19 UCLA
- CDC Coronavirus 2019
- Coronavirus LA FAQ
- LA County DPH Coronavirus
- California COVID-19 Industry Guidance
To help minimize the risk of transmission of the virus within our venues and programs, we have implemented the following safety protocols:
- Surveillance testing and daily health screening for all staff, as well as required face coverings for staff while working and at all times when in the presence of others.
- Enhanced training for staff regarding public health mitigation measures that must be followed to reduce likelihood of transmission of COVID-19.
- Posted signage, floor markings, and staff instructions to ensure physical distancing, both within our venues (6 feet) and also while participating in programs (6-10 feet).
- Reduced venue and program capacity via a reservation process, and also by limiting access to registered students, faculty, and staff who are engaged in active recreation programs or activities.
- Enhanced disinfecting of high touch areas and shared equipment.
- Increased availability of hand sanitizing stations throughout our venues.
- In venues where it is possible, separate entry and exit points.
To further minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19, and to abide by current University, County, and/or State guidelines, we will require all individuals entering our venues (including those entering to participate in programs) to:
- Only visit with a confirmed reservation or confirmed program registration.
- Honestly complete a daily Symptom Monitoring Questionnaire and do not enter the campus or facility if not cleared or experiencing a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19. Clearance certificates will be requested prior to entry of any Recreation facility.
- *Wear appropriate face coverings, covering the nose and mouth, in both indoor and outdoor venues.
- Abide by physical distancing signs, floor markings, and staff instructions including use of the provided sanitization supplies to sanitize any equipment that you may utilize during your workout.
*If you require an accommodation to the face-covering mandate, you must comply with the applicable disability services process.
I understand that no list of restrictions, guidelines, or practices can eliminate the risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19. I further understand that I play a crucial role in keeping everyone in the venue and program safer during the pandemic. I understand that failure to do so may result in loss of UCLA Recreation privileges, as well as potential further disciplinary action.
The Sales & Service Cashiering Office located on the 1st floor of the John Wooden Center remains closed until further notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the button below for answers on Booking cancellations, membership eligibilities, safety measures, and more.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Receive a response within 2 business days)
Voicemail: 310.206.8373 (Receive a response within 3-5 business days)