With the UCLA Recreation closure, we realize many of you have questions regarding your membership. We appreciate your continued patience while we assess how best to meet all our customer’s needs. As details are determined, all important information regarding membership will be emailed and posted on our website. Due to the quantity of emails we are receiving, we may not be able to respond individually. Please check back for the most up-to-date information. We value your patronage and are committed to protecting the health and safety of our Bruin and global communities.
Learn about the latest in our Return to Rec plan, including the Return to Rec Membership currently available to registered UCLA undergraduate and graduate* students, extension students, graduate residents, UCLA faculty, staff, and emeriti/retirees.
*Students enrolled in a UCLA Self Supporting Degree program, extension program, graduate resident or post doc program, are not eligible for a free Return to Recreation membership at this time.
Refund Policies and Forms
For all Recreation cancellation and refund requests, please submit our Recreation Cancellation Form
Membership & Locker Refund Policies
- The Return to Rec Membership is not refundable, no exceptions.
- Membership Cancellations are required for the following reasons:
- Termination of employment
- Ending position at UCLA
- Transfer to a new position off-campus
- Formal leave of absence and sabbaticals
- Changes in medical condition resulting in physical limitations
- Payroll deduction memberships are not available for the Return to Rec membership. All Payroll deduction members from 2020 have been cancelled effective March 16, 2020 and no refunds are necessary as no deductions have been taken.
Recreation Program & Class Refund Policies
Classes and Activities Refund Policy
Minimum refund request is $5. Refund requests received by noon 2 business days prior to the first class or meeting receive a 90% refund and requests received prior to the 2nd class meeting may be refunded 50%.
Marina Aquatic Center Refund Policy
Refund requests received at least three business days prior to the first class meeting are eligible for a 90% refund or 100% transfer towards another in the same quarter. There are no refunds or transfers after the 1st class meeting.
Fitness Class Transfer Policy
Transfer requests for FITWELL/Instructional Program classes receive a 100% credit towards another class if used in the same quarter, space permitting.
Personal Fitness Training and Private Instruction
If you choose to pay for sessions in advance, a refund may be issued for unused sessions less a $25 processing fee if the request is received by UCLA Recreation within 6 months of the purchase. Sessions expire 6 months after the date of purchase.
All refund requests must be submitted in writing and received by UCLA Recreation by the dates listed below.
- Refund Amount 90%, Request Must be Received Before March 31st
- Refund Amount 75%, Request Must be Received Before April 1st - 30th
- Refund Amount 50%, Request Must be Received After May 1: No later than 15 business days before the purchased session begins
- Refund Amount 25%, Request Must be Received Before Within 15 business days of the purchased session
- No refund after the first Monday of session or week. If UCLA Recreation cancels a program, a full refund will be issued. All camp transfers are subject to a $25 transfer fee per session/week.
Fitness Pass must be surrendered with the refund request. There are no refunds for quarter passes. Annual Fitness Pass refunds will follow the Membership Refund Policy.
There are no refunds for BHIP Continuation paid up front per quarter or other short-term duration.
UCLA Students, Faculty, Staff, Members and Guests of UCLA Recreation facilities and programs are expected to behave with civility and appropriate conduct. By use of these facilities and programs, you agree to comply with the Participant Expectations and cooperate with staff while utilizing our facilities, programs and services.
The goal of the Participant Expectations is to create and foster a community that is as safe and welcoming as possible to each individual community member. All students, staff, members and guests are encouraged to exercise good judgment in caring for the safety of others as well as themselves. In the event you witness or experience threatening or inappropriate behavior by another individual, please report the situation immediately to appropriate staff. Our Participant Expectations encompass the examples outlined below. The following types of conduct are among those that are specifically prohibited and may result in loss of membership, a report to the Dean of Students office and/or University police:
AGGRESSIVE, UNSAFE OR RECKLESS BEHAVIOR: Aggressive, unsafe or reckless behavior is explicitly forbidden in UCLA Recreation facilities and programs. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: Promoting or engaging in physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, coercion and/or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person. The use of “fighting words” to harass any employee or guest in connection with official University functions or University sponsored programs is also prohibited.
UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY: A valid membership or pass is required for access to all UCLA Recreation facilities and programs. In addition, entering unauthorized areas such as offices and maintenance workshops without the express permission of UCLA Recreation will be considered trespassing.
FORGERY: Sharing identification cards for access into UCLA Recreation facilities or programs is considered forgery. Forgery, altering identification cards, providing false information in connection with a membership application or program form, or unauthorized use or misuse of any University document, record, key, electronic device, or identification is strictly prohibited.
SOLICITATION: Guest sponsorship privileges provide our eligible members the opportunity to share use and enjoyment of UCLA Recreation facilities and programs with individuals with whom they have an established relationship. In the interest of the safety of all users, members should refrain from sponsoring individuals who are unknown to them and to report any solicitations to do so to UCLA Recreation staff.
COMPLIANCE: All users must comply with posted instructions or signs and with the directions of UCLA Recreation staff, University official(s) or other public official(s) acting in the performance of their duties.
DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Engaging in disorderly or lewd conduct, including being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances, is strictly prohibited.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO TAPING: Photography or videotaping of individuals in or images of the facilities must have prior Department and campus approval.
UNAUTHORIZED COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY: Posting, advertising, conducting unauthorized private lessons or training, soliciting individuals in UCLA Recreation facilities for personal services, businesses, or agencies is strictly prohibited. The following actions are considered Criminal Activity and will result in immediate police action. UCLA Recreation staff will contact University police and request assistance addressing the immediate threat. Additional sanctions and restrictions may apply including a loss of privileges and/or a report to the Dean of Students Office.
VANDALISM: Damage to or destruction of any property of the University or property of others while on University premises.
ASSAULT/BATTERY: Violent verbal or physical attack, or an unlawful attempt or threat to do physical injury to another.
THEFT: Removal of or conversion of University property or property of others while on University premises.
DANGEROUS WEAPONS: Possession or use of an explosive device, firearm, or other deadly weapon when on the premises.
UCLA Recreation believes it is essential... that all people exercise their right to express their human and cultural identities. Consistent with this belief, our programs promote healthy lifestyles and the preservation of human dignity by fostering the spirit of fair play without bigotry, hatred, prejudice or disrespect. We encourage you to join us in acknowledging and embracing these values. Download a printable poster of the Participant Expectations.
COVID Acknowledgement of Risks
Prior to entering any UCLA Recreation venues or participating in any Recreation program (including club and intramural sports), we ask that you fully understand the potential risks associated with contraction of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes the COVID-19 disease. Contraction of the virus could cause serious illness or death. For more information, please visit the following resources:
- Bruin Safe Online
- Covid-19 UCLA
- CDC Coronavirus 2019
- Coronavirus LA FAQ
- LA County DPH Coronavirus
- California COVID-19 Industry Guidance
To help minimize the risk of transmission of the virus within our venues and programs, we have implemented the following safety protocols:
- Surveillance testing and daily health screening for all staff, as well as required face coverings for staff while working and at all times when in the presence of others.
- Enhanced training for staff regarding public health mitigation measures that must be followed to reduce likelihood of transmission of COVID-19.
- Posted signage, floor markings, and staff instructions to ensure physical distancing, both within our venues (6 feet) and also while participating in programs (6-10 feet).
- Reduced venue and program capacity via a reservation process, and also by limiting access to registered students, faculty, and staff who are engaged in active recreation programs or activities.
- Enhanced disinfecting of high touch areas and shared equipment.
- Increased availability of hand sanitizing stations throughout our venues.
- In venues where it is possible, separate entry and exit points.
To further minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19, and to abide by current University, County, and/or State guidelines, we will require all individuals entering our venues (including those entering to participate in programs) to:
- Only visit with a confirmed reservation or confirmed program registration.
- Honestly complete a daily Symptom Monitoring Questionnaire and do not enter the campus or facility if not cleared or experiencing a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19. Clearance certificates will be requested prior to entry of any Recreation facility.
- *Wear appropriate face coverings, covering the nose and mouth, in both indoor and outdoor venues.
- Abide by physical distancing signs, floor markings, and staff instructions including use of the provided sanitization supplies to sanitize any equipment that you may utilize during your workout.
*If you require an accommodation to the face-covering mandate, you must comply with the applicable disability services process.
I understand that no list of restrictions, guidelines, or practices can eliminate the risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19. I further understand that I play a crucial role in keeping everyone in the venue and program safer during the pandemic. I understand that failure to do so may result in loss of UCLA Recreation privileges, as well as potential further disciplinary action.
Contact Us - Sales & Service
Our office is currently closed due to the campus closure, please call or email our team and we are ready to assist you.
Sales & Service Cashiering Office is located on the 1st floor of the John Wooden Center.
Phone: 310.206.8373 - Please leave a voicemail which will be immediately routed to our Sales team working remotely